Sealant Application Course
CURRENT OPEN COURSES:
THURSDAY OCTOBER 12th, 2023 @ 4:00PM (8 seats available)- Registration closes September 28th
THURSDAY OCTOBER 26th, 2023 @ 4:00PM (8 seats available)- Registration closes October 19th
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: 1. submit registration form (click register and fill out form). 2. complete payment link and enrollment forms- you will receive these via email within 24 hours of submitting registration. If your office/employer is paying for your certification course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the best contact (email) for who we need to send the course fee payment link to. **Note that you will NOT see the course listed on your login page as this is an in person course**
Both the enrollment forms and course payment must be received to complete your enrollment and secure your seat in the course
Sealant Course Calendar Preview for NOVEMBER 2023: Saturday Nov 18th, Tuesday Nov 28th and Thursday Nov 30th
Sealant Course Calendar Preview for DECEMBER 2023:
This course is approved by the Tennessee Board of Dentistry. You will receive 6 hours of continuing education credit when you successfully complete this course.
You must have an RDA number to register. Your registration number must be ACTIVE to take this course.
The class size shall be limited to twenty-four (24) students, and the clinical instructor-to student ratio must be one (1) instructor to eight (8) students (1:8) for the clinical portion of the course. After completing your registration for the course, you will receive your enrollment forms through Docusign.
Students are required to tour the educational facility either in-person or virtually. This gives applicants an opportunity to see and learn about the school’s equipment and facilities and to ask questions relating to the school’s curriculum and career objectives.
The following items are required to complete the enrollment process
- Applicants to be 18 years of age or older
- Application for Admission completed as registration on website
- Pre-enrollment checklist
- Enrollment Agreement
- Transfer of Credit disclosure
- Proof of current RDA licensure
Course Fee: $235.00
Although students can apply and enroll in the course as soon as registration is open, students will not be invoiced for the course fee of $235 until 10 days prior to the course start date. The course start date is determined by the date the student receives their distance learning material from the school by email, which is 7 days prior to the in-person test and clinic/lab session.
Number of Hours: 6
2 hours of didactic/lecture and written test
4 hours of clinical/lab
Course Calendar: The Sealant Application Course is held at least once a month at our educational facility.
Tuition Refund Policy (Cancellation and Refund Policy)
1.A student who at any time withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend class is entitled to a full refund of any fee, regardless of whether the fee is included in tuition, paid to the institution for tangible goods or services not delivered to or fully provided to the student.
2.In addition, if a student fails to begin class on the program start date as written in the enrollment agreement or as amended by the institution, the refund shall equal the sum of all refundable fees paid and, if the student has institutional loans, forgiveness of the amounts owed by the student, less an administrative fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00)
3. In addition, if after the program has commenced and before expiration of twenty percent (20%) or less of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, a student withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend classes, the refund shall be a pro rata portion of refundable fees, less an administrative fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00). If applicable, the refund shall include forgiveness of institutional loans. For example, if a student’s last day of attendance equals ten percent (10%) of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, the institution is entitled to retain only ten percent (10%) of the refundable fees charged for the period of enrollment as well as one hundred dollars ($100.00). However, in no instance will the institution be responsible for any refund in excess of the amount paid by or on behalf of the student for the period of enrollment for which the student was charged.
4. If after expiration of twenty percent (20%) of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, a student withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend classes, the student may be deemed obligated for one hundred percent (100%) of the refundable fees charged by the institution up to the last period of enrollment charged.
5. For a student who cannot complete one (1) or more classes because the institution discontinued such a class during a period of enrollment for which the student was charged, the institution shall refund the sum of all refundable fees paid and, if the student has institutional loans, forgive the amounts owed by the student.
Last Day of Attendance:
When computing refunds pursuant to the above refund policy, the last day of attendance for the students who meets the definition of enrolled, shall either be (a) the recorded date of the students last day of attendance or (b) when applicable, the date the student failed to return from an approved leave of absence.
Objectives: At the completion of this course the students will be able to:
- Understand Indication/contraindications for sealants
- Different sealant materials
- Infection Control Procedures
- Preparation of teeth for sealants and proper placement of sealant
- Education of patient and/or parent regarding sealants
After successful completion of the course, students will receive a completion certificate, 6 hours of Continuing Education Credit, and will have the option to submit an application with the Tennessee Board of Dentistry to have the certification added to their RDA license.